In John 14:2 Jesus gives wonderful picture of the place He was heading to after His work on the cross and resurrection. He calls that place “My Father’s house” This is another name for Heaven, which is variously described in the Bible as:
1. A country (Hebrews 11:16) due to its vastness
2. A City (Hebrews 12:22) emphasizing its larg number of inhabitants
3. a Kingdom (2 Timothy 4:18 because God is its King.
4. Paradise (Luke 23:43) because of its indescribable beauty
5. A place of rest (Hebrews 4:1-11) where the redeemed are free from the wearying conflict of sin, Satan, and the evil world system that hates those who love Christ.
For those who are following Jesus Christ, He has promised that there is plenty of room for all who will come to Him. In John 6:37, Jesus reminds us, “All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.” This is the privilege of faith! Therefore, my friends set your affections on the thing of heaven not on earth. Heaven is where our hope is found, not the earth.